- Sign in to Google Analytics.
- Click Admin, and navigate to the desired account/property/view.
- In the ACCOUNT, PROPERTY, or VIEW column (depending on whether you want to add the user to the account, property, or view level), click User Management.
- Under add permissions for, enter the email address for the user’s Google Account.
- Select the permissions you want. Learn more about permissions.
- Select Notify this user by email to send a notification to each user you’re adding.
- Click Add.
All In One Digital Instructions
Before we begin, your All In One Digital Specialist should have given you the email address of your account data expert. If they haven’t, please ask them for this information, as you will need it before you can grant them access to your analytics account.
- Login – Logging into your google analytics account should be as simple as clicking on this link: Google Analytics – If Google doesn’t automatically know who you are, you will need your google account email address and your password.
Note: If your company does not use Google Business Services for email services, the email address should end with [your_username]@gmail.com
- Enter the Admin Area – Once you log into your Google Analytics Account, you should be looking at this screen. In the bottom left, click “Admin”.
Note: If you manage multiple google analytics accounts be sure that you are in the correct account before granting access. For most of our clients, this is not an issue, if you have multiple websites and are unsure about which account to grant access to, you can ask your specialist for help.
- Enter the Account Level User Management Settings to grant Account Access. – Once in the Admin section, you’ll have different settings options for three different levels of Google Analytics Data. Account level lets us manage your properties (websites) and views.
Note: Unless you are an advanced Google Analytics User, or were instructed by your All In One Digital Specialist, always grant Account Access to your data expert. Doing so will prevent the need for us to go through this process in the future. If you have multiple sites and DO NOT want All In One digital to access the data on all of them ask your marketing specialist if you should grant property level access.
- Grant Access – Insert the email address of your data expert, make sure that the access level is set to edit, and ensure that “Notify this user by email” is checked. Once all of these settings are changed click “Add”.
Note: Edit level access lets All In One Digital ensure that your Google Analytics is collecting information properly. If you are an advanced Google Analytics user and are certain that All In One Digital does not need Edit Level Access we will be unable to change any settings.
I NEED TO CHANGE THE ACCESS LEVEL OF A USER WITH ACCESS
If you need to change the level of access of a user on your account, you can do so in the list of users above where you just added permission. Click the drop-down list, and change the permission level to your comfortability.